What can a Live Chat agent help you resolve?
Write into Live Chat to get assistance with issues such as:
- Billing questions: This includes, but is not limited to, complications with purchasing or spending Gaia Cash, purchasing tickets, purchasing flairs, coupon redemption, and fraud prevention trade disables. Gaia Cash and items may take a short period of time to arrive in your account once your transaction is completed, so please wait up to an hour to see if they appear before chatting or creating a ticket!
- Secondary Authentication/IP Verification: Disabling Secondary Authentication and/or IP Verification from your account when you are unable to do so yourself. If you can't get into your account because you dropped your phone in a puddle, we're here to help!
- Regaining access to your account: We can provide a hint if you've forgotten the e-mail address on your account, or replace your old e-mail if it's one you no longer have access to. We can also assist with restoring access to your account if it's on hold due to a compromise. With the exception of COPPA bans, we're currently unable to assist with ban appeals; for those, please select "Account is Banned" when filing a ticket.
- To regain access to a COPPA-banned account, you will need to upload a form of valid government ID from your device to the chat. We must be able to identify from from this ID that you are 13 years of age or older, otherwise your account must remain banned until the provided reinstatement date. Please have this ready to upload prior to starting a chat!
- Inquiring about an account ban: We can provide details to help you better understand the circumstances that led to your account's ban. We cannot assist with or review your ban appeal over the Live Chat service, but encourage you to use this context when filing or updating your ban appeal ticket. To appeal your ban, file a ticket here.
- Closing your account: Gaia does not delete accounts. Asking for a closure means your account will be banned so it can not be accessed until/unless you return. We're glad to offer you advice to best prepare your account for closure!
Accessing Live Chat
Live Chat is currently available Monday through Friday between 9am and 8pm PST! You can check the current time here. You can open Live Chat by clicking the button at the bottom right corner of this page. During this time, the button will say "Chat" and clicking it will pop open a window where you can provide basic information about your issue and start a chat with an agent.
When Live Chat is closed to incoming chats, the button will say "Help" and filling out the requested information will file a ticket for you instead.
You can also find this button on the landing page of our Help Center, as well as the Buy Gaia Cash, Angel Subscription, Perks Subscription, Gaia Pledge, Project Ticket Sales pages for Billing assistance.
Which issues are you not able to get assistance with through Live Chat?
There are some issues that our agents are currently not able to resolve through Live Chat; please understand that this is not a complete list, but reflects our most common inquiries:
- Ban appeals for Terms of Service violations: These inquiries demand the most extensive investigations and follow-up communications, and are not suitable for resolving through Live Chat at this time. Our staff review and resolve ban appeals as they are reached in our ticket queues in order to give each situation due consideration and care.
- Requests for an abandoned username: These requests overwhelm Live Chat and prevent timely assistance for account access and billing issues. We require that a ticket is filed to request the release of abandoned usernames in an effort to maintain fairness toward granting these requests to those who asked first.
If you're still not sure whether we can address your issue in Live Chat, please start a chat and ask! We're glad to assist you where able and we'll give you our best advice if your inquiry is an issue we're not equipped to handle.
We look forward to meeting you!
Article is closed for comments.